Mash, Mix and Bake
We’re so excited to bring you this nut free Paleo banana bread. We may be bias, but we reckon its the easiest and tastiest Paleo Banana Bread in History!
We’re all about making things easy, and this one is true to that. All you need is one bowl. Mash the bananas, mix in the eggs,add the rest of ingredients, then bake in the oven (Did we just invent another Wiggles song?!)!
This Loaf Is Toddler Approved!
Speaking of things that Toddlers love, our son Harvey enjoys this bread almost as much as that colourful skivvy-wearing children’s band! It’s not uncommon for him to munch of the bread whilst he’s dancing along to the music too. It’s a match made in heaven.
This Paleo Banana Bread is also nut free, as we used coconut flour. Although we are not at that stage yet, we are aware many schools/daycares prefer nut free snacks, so we are keeping that in mind when creating kid friendly recipes.
Batch Prep and Save
We’ve been trying to find ways to improve our batch prepping as we juggle work, biz life and family commitments. We’ve found making this loaf really helps us manage our time. The prep time is minimal and it makes 2-3 days worth of breakfast for us! How good is that?! Not only is it absolutely delicious, it actually fills us up and makes us feel good!
As you know, we’re also keen to save money where we can, and loaf was inspired by Matt’s recent obsession with banana bread which we wrote about here. Since then, we have gone 11 weeks without buying breakfast, so this wonderful loaf has really helped our bottom line! (Go us right?!)
Serve and Enjoy!
There’s so many options here! We like to toast our slice of bread under a grill and serve with either homemade jam or a nut butter. You can also spread grass fed butter if you tolerate dairy, or whatever spread you can get your hands on!
One Last Word On Sweetness
PS: One last thing, the riper the bananas you use, the sweeter the loaf will be. So be mindful of that if you’re trying to watch how much sweet stuff you put into your body. If you’ve got super ripe bananas then you may not need to add any honey at all! We have made this plenty of times sweetener free. Your best bet is to taste the batter before adding the sweetener, and judge it from there. Add as little or as much as you like!
We KNOW you are going to agree this is the easiest and tastiest Paleo Banana Bread IN HISTORY!
If you are after other Paleo Bread recipes you should check out our Paleo Apple, Pear and Cinnamon Loaf – another tasty as recipe!
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 4 eggs (whisked)
- 1 tbs honey or your choice of natural sweetener
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch salt
- 1 cup raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbs chia seeds
- 1 tsp honey or your choice of natural sweetener
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Line a baking loaf with baking paper (skip this step if using a silicon mold!)
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas using a fork.
- Add 4 whisked eggs to the mixture
- Add the coconut flour, spices, salt, honey/sweetener and baking powder
- Stir really well, the mixture will be quite thick
- Pop into baking loaf and bake for 45-50 minutes, until golden brown on top
- Allow to cool and remove from the pan
- Slice and serve
- In a small saucepan, add the raspberries and water
- Bring to a low-medium heat, stirring occasionally
- As the raspberries soften, use the back of your fork to mash/muddle them
- Add the honey and chia seeds
- Continue to stir on a low heat for a further 5 minutes
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool
- Store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Share your pics with us on Instagram and Facebook, using the hashtag #paleopowercouple
Matt and Nat