‘Healthy Desserts’ – Are They Really Good For You?
Let’s talk about Peppermint
Choc Peppermint – FTW!
So what do you get when you combine healthy fats like avocado, cacao and therapeutic grade essential oils? An amazing healthy choc peppermint slice is what!! You will delight your tastebuds and keep your tummy happy whilst enjoying this delish as Paleo Choc Peppermint Slice.
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1/4 cup cacao
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup coconut milk (canned)
- Flesh of one avocado
- 1 ripe banana
- 3 tbs coconut oils
- 2 tbs honey
- 1tsp vanilla
- 5 drops of peppermint oil
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 tbs cacao
- 1 tbs honey
- 1 tablespoon desiccated coconut (for sprinkling)
- Place all the base ingredients into a food processor.
- Blend until the nuts are crushed and the mixture forms a 'buttery' consistency
- Press the mixture onto the lined tray
- Pop into the freezer
- Place all the filling ingredients into the blender/food processor
- Blend until the mixture is smooth, this can take up to 5 minutes. You may need to stop it a few times and scrape down the sides.
- Pour the mixture over the base and spread out evenly
- Pop back into the freezer to set
- Place all the topping ingredients into the blender
- Blend until the mixture is smooth and runny
- Pour on top of the filling mixture and spread it so that it covers the entire tray
- Sprinkle with desiccated coconut
- Pop back into the freezer for 2-3 hours until set. Thaw for 20 mins before serving
- Once set, slice into squares and serve
- Adjust the sweetener amount as per your liking. More if you like things sweet, or less if you are watching your fructose levels
- Start with less drops of peppermint and add more to taste
- We like to cut up the slice and keep it in the freezer in a container. Portion control baby! Just make sure you thaw it out at least 15 minutes before serving
*NOTE: It is important to note that not all Essential Oils are made equal. If you are using them in your food you must only use oils that are certified food grade! doTERRA essential oils are food grade and completely pure. They are the only essential oils we use, love and recommend.
If you would like to start creating some magic in the kitchen with these amazing essential oils, you can save 25% by buying at wholesale prices. Visit our Essential Oils page for more info. We also run regular facebook classes all about essential oils. We cover a range of juicy topics from intro classes, to low tox cleaning, to sleep, to how use essential oils and kids! You can check out our facebook event page https://www.facebook.com/pg/paleopowercouple/events/ for more details.
Remember food is here to nourish us, and when we nourish our body, we also in turn nourish our soul!
Nourishing your soul – always!
Matt and Nat