Being a couple with an (almost) 1 year old son we’re always looking for new ways to make our meals easier, especially breakfast. We’ve made our fair share of breads, muffins and frittatas, but today we’ve got something new for you: quinoa breakfast cookies!
This is the ultimate grab and go type brekky: cook them on a Sunday and just grab them as you walk out the door on Monday morning! Matt even eats them on his walk in to work.
How’s that for versatility and convenience!
These babies are packed full of protein, fibre and healthy fats to keep you going all morning long. 1-2 cookies seriously satiates you.
But if you don’t want to eat them for brekky, they also make excellent travel snacks! We are heading to the Gold Coast in a few weeks for the Problogger training event (yay!) and we are taking these for the plane ride for sure!
Enjoy these for brekky, with a cuppa or even as dessert … either way we know you’re gonna love em!
- 1/2 cup quinoa flakes
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 2 tbs almond butter
- 1 medium banana - make sure its ripe!
- 1 egg
- 2 tbs chia seeds
- 1 tbs honey or your sweetener of choice
- 1 tsp organic vanilla extract or vanilla powder
- Preheat the oven and line a tray with baking paper
- Using a large mixing bowl, mash the banana first with a fork
- Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl
- Mix well until a thick batter is formed
- Use a tablespoon to heap the mixture onto the baking tray. Use the back of the spoon to flatten the mixture to form a cookie-like shape
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until golden brown on top
- Allow to cool, and serve! We stored our cookies in the fridge.
- Mix up the nut butter flavours!
- We reckon this would taste delicious with an added tablespoon of cacao. Choc brekky cookies -yummo!
Don’t forget to get your copy of our free recipe e-book!
Matt and Nat